What it’s like working for the man.
1. Your Reaction When Your Friends Tell You They Have To Work On Holidays
2. …But You Have To Beg For The Day After Thanksgiving Off Because You Don’t Have Seniority
3. Being Good At Your Job Isn’t A Requirement To Get A Raise
Just doing the minimum required will do…
4. Making Backroom Deals For New Office Equipment Is The Norm Because It Takes Forever To Get Them Through Official Channels…
It’s a jungle in this habitat
5. You Never Have to Worry About Health Care Because Government Health Insurance Really Is The Best…
6. When You Find Out Someone Quit, Died, or Retired…Because That Means A Promotion Just Opened Up
7. …But Didn’t Get The Promotion Because 1,000 Other People Also Applied
8. Your Workplace Is Still Using Technology That Pre-existed Civilization
9. You Work Twice As Hard As Some Of Your Co-workers…But Get Paid The Same
10. Those Free Bus/Train Passes…
11. How You Feel When Someone Gets Fired….Because It Never Happens
12. There’s always that one person that loves cats a bit too much
If you don’t know who it is….it’s probably you.
13. Food keeps missing from the community fridge…but the office can’t figure out who’s stealing the food.
Even if you ask them, they will just deny it.
14. But despite everything, you know you are damn lucky to be a government employee